Skip to main content

Health Advice

Health Advice

Before your travel you should take advice about your specific needs as early as possible.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Travel Advice Unit has up-to-date information for most destinations - visit select the destination you require and click on 'health'.

Further travel health advice can be found on and

You should consider having any vaccinations at least 6 weeks before you travel as some take time to have effect.

For more information on vaccinations visit the National Travel Health Network Centre

Health Insurance Card (EHIC):
If you are visiting a European Union (EU) country it is recommended that you should apply for a free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) and take it with you when you travel.  You can obtain an application form from a main Post Office or you can apply online.  Some travel insurance policies require you to obtain an EHIC card - please check before you travel.